3M™ Scotchkote™ 323 Liquid Epoxy Coating 50ml Cartridge Applicator
General Application Steps
For use as a joint coating, a refurbishing coating, or as pipe coating.
- 1. Remove oil, grease, and loosely adhering deposits.
- 2. Verify the air temperature is 5°F/3°C above the dew point.
- 3. Abrasive blast clean surface to NACE #2/SSPC-SP10, ISO 8501:1 SA-2 1/2 near white metal.
- 4. With air hose, clean blasted surface of any abraded debris then verify anchor profile is 2-4 mils/50-100 microns.
- 5. With the substrate between 41°F/5°C and 200°F/93°C dew point 5°F/3°C below air temperature, apply Scotchkote
- Liquid Epoxy Coating 323+ at minimum film of 25 mil/ 625 microns.
- 6. Apply Scotchkote 323+ as soon as possible after blasting but no more than 4 hours.
- 7. Allow to cure per time & temperature chart below.
- 8. Visually or electrically inspect the coating for defects.
- 9. Repair all defects using Scotchkote 323+ as repair material.