3M™ Fusion-Bonded Epoxy Coating 134 (Minimum order quantity is 3-65 pound bags; $829.58 per 65 lb bag)
SOLD IN A THREE PACK of 65 Pound Bags – 3M™ Scotchkote™ Fusion-Bonded Epoxy Coating 134 is a one-part, heat curable, a thermosetting epoxy coating designed for corrosion protection of metal. The epoxy is applied to preheated steel as a dry powder which melts and cures to a uniform coating thickness when properly applied. This bonding process provides excellent adhesion and coverage on applications such as valves, pumps, pipe drains, hydrants, pipes, tanks, and porous castings. Scotchkote™ coating 134 is NSF/ANSI 61 certified for potable water applications and is also resistant to wastewater, corrosive soils, hydrocarbons, harsh chemicals, and seawater. Powder properties allow easy manual or automatic application by electrostatic or air-spray equipment.
- No primer required for most applications.
- For electrostatic or air-spray application on preheated metal articles.
- Can be electrostatically applied to unheated metal parts and subsequently cured by baking.
- Long gel time allows application on large or complex articles, minimizing the fear of runs, sags, laminations, or unsightly overspray.
- Especially useful for coating the inside of pipe or other fabrications where a smooth, corrosion resistant coating is required.
- Can be machined by grinding or cutting to meet close tolerance requirements.
- Allows easy visual inspection of coated articles.
- Can be painted with alkyd paint, acrylic lacquer, polyurethane, or acrylic enamel for color coding.
- The applied coating will not sag cold flow.
- Lightweight for lower shipping costs.
- Protects over a wide temperature range.
- Resists direct burial soil stress.
- Resists cavitation and cathodic disbondment.
- Can be used for elevated temperature service in presence of H2S, CO2, CH4, crude oil, and brine when applied over phenolic primer such as 3M™ Scotchkote™ Liquid Phenolic Primer 345.
- Long-term performance history in water, sewage, and other service environments.
- Scotchkote™ coating 134 has been tested and certified to NSF /ANSI Standard 61, Drinking Water System Components. For NSF certified applications, the max approved thickness is 60 mil (1.5 mm) and the maximum approved operating temperature is 140°F/60°C. Primers may not be used for potable water applications.
- Scotchkote™ coating 134 meets the requirements of AWWA Standard C213 and C550.
There are no reviews yet.