Polyguard RD-6 Coating
$406.69 – $409.69
POLYGUARD RD-6® COATING SYSTEM is a non-shielding anti-corrosion system used on buried and submerged line pipe, rehabilitation and new construction girth welds. RD-6 can also be used above ground but the coating must be protected from harmful UV rays by using our RD-6® UV Overcoat.
- RD-6 is a non-shielding coating. In the case of a coating disbondment, the cathodic protection current will not be shielded and will be able to reach the subustrate.
- Excellent resistance to cathodic disbondment, even with below standard surface preparation.
- Fast, easy-to-apply, and can be backfilled immediately after coating.
- It has visco-elastic properties to accommodate normal expansion and contraction of the substrate.
- The woven construction of the geotextile backing permits contact throughout the overlaps providing stronger adhesion in this critical area of the coating.
- Excellent water vapor transmission resistance.
- Uniform factory-controlled thickness, typically not possible with field-applied liquid coatings.